Re: Haynes manual maintenance schedule

To: peterz@merak.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Haynes manual maintenance schedule
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 11:16:03 EDT
In a message dated 98-10-06 13:26:15 EDT, peterz@merak.com writes:

> Gear oil is fine for this. Some people use grease but the manuals all seem
>  to say gear oil that is what I have used with no ill effects. Check out
>  <http://www.vtr.org/maintain/trunnion-oil.html> for more info on how to get
>  the oil in there.

Sorry, Peter, I disagree.  IMO, Grease is the way to go.

>  As for the rack, I use grease. Remove the plug and do one of the following:

Agree here.  Point is to get a fitting onto the rack and pinion housing.  I
used to take one off the wishbone fitting, do the job and replace the nipple
with the plug.  Now I have a grease nipple permanently installed in the r&p.
Cheers.

Art Kelly ;64 TR4 CT33118L (original owner)