RE: Windscreen Trim Question

To: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, "'Brian Sanborn'" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Subject: RE: Windscreen Trim Question
From: Gernot Vonhoegen <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 17:10:44 +0100

> ----------
> From:         Brian Sanborn[SMTP:sanborn@net1plus.com]
> Reply To:     Brian Sanborn
>
> My question is about the shiny trim that goes in to the seal on the
> outside.
> I have the two old metal pieces... and they're not in bad shape.  Not
> perfect and need lots of cleaning up to get sealer that the PO used to
> glue
> them to the old seal. I also have the new plastic trim from TRF.
>
> Should I try to restore the metal pieces or go with the plastic trim as
> used
> on the TR6.  How does this plastic stuff stand up.  >>

        Well, if the metal trim is usable and fits (which can be the main
issue, as I think they are incompatible (but can't really say without
looking) go with the metal stuff, as the plastic will start to discolour at
the cut edges due to water getting in there and generally get tatty after a
couple of years. Not expensive to replace though.

        Gernot