Sad day for Triumphs

Subject: Sad day for Triumphs
From: "Ron and Angie" <nottingham@alltel.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 23:19:39 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
List,

Sunday was a sad day for Triumphs.  My Vitesse died.  It was destroyed by a
truck.  The world is now minus one Vitesse.  It is not rebuildable, unless
someone can give me virtually all the sheet metal and a new chassis.....
The engine and 'box seem fine, but the diff is cracked.  I have a few
Vitesse specific parts that were not on the car that will be for sale.  I'll
send the list a listing of the parts I have left one day this week.

But on the brighter side, anyone have a GT6 that they want to sell?  In
December/January I'll be in the market for another Triumph.  My wife says I
have to sell the Nissan or the Spitfire before I can get another car.  Looks
like bye-bye to the 300ZX!  I am leaning towards a GT6 because it is a 2+2
(the kids are the +2), so a TR6 is out of the question.  I like Stags also,
but their initial cost may be more than I am looking at spending.  Heralds
are not even a consideration, I want something with performance.  Any neat
Triumph saloons?  I may even consider an MGB-GT (GASP!!!).

Back to GT6s.  OK GT6 owners, what are the pluses and minuses of each of the
three mk.s?  Tell me what you like and dislike about your GT6.  Tell me what
you would have from another mk. GT6 to use on your GT6.

TIA,
Ron and Angie - Dalton, Ga
62 Triumph Vitesse (RIP)  77 Spitfire (wants to be DSP)
84 300ZX Turbo (F/S)      92 Tempo GLS (Stealth Bomber)
"I have a tendancy to wear my mind on my sleeve.....
 I have a history of losing my shirt" - Bare Naked Ladies