Re: re-emergence of Triumph name

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: re-emergence of Triumph name
From: Spitty1500@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 09:40:42 EDT
Kentop said that the Spitfire was not a quality marque. He went so far as to
call it cheapo. Let him take notice tht the reason the Spitfire did not sell
in its final years is that the price rose to$7,365. An "Outlandish price for a
small sports car." The sales firgures represent this very well. The 1500
started selling in the fall of 73 as a 74 model and was selling for $2,895.
And I like the cultist status that our cars are achieving by no one knowing
what they are. That could be lost.