Re: re-emergence of Triumph name

To: "Steve Rohal" <steverohal@phoenixat.com>
Subject: Re: re-emergence of Triumph name
From: Ken Bertschy <kentop@dakotacom.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 22:32:57 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
"Cheap" is relative.  But everyone on the planet (or at least this list)
has objected to my characterization of Triumphs as cheap cars. Perhaps
cheap is too harsh. How about affordable? Inexpensive? Reasonably priced?
All have been used in Triumph advertising, and all mean the same
thing...cheap.

The last Hyundai I saw had a bumper sticker on the back that said "shit-box
from hell". I almost lost control of my spit when I read that because I was
laughing so hard.

There is definitely more than meets the eye to Triumphs. I, like most
others, bought mine because it was "cheap", and then I fell in love with
the ride.  And now it sucks money like a jealous mistress.