Butt sag fix

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Butt sag fix
From: Ken Bertschy <kentop@dakotacom.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 07:15:55 -0700
I read the article at VTR about curing Spitfire butt sag by installing a
pair of corvette air shocks. Since my 77 Spit was suffering from this
problem, it seemed like an economical solution to the problem and was well
within my limited mechanical abilities.  The install went smoothly but I
ran both lines to a single air nipple and while the car looked fine, it
sagged noticably to the left when I sat in it, making me look a LOT heavier
than I really am.  So, I installed seperate air valves and aired the
driver's side shock slightly higher (20psi difference) than the passenger
side. This cured the problem, except when my wife joined me and the car
sags to the passenger side making my wife look...well, lets just not go
there.  So now I have to adjust the shocks constantly, depending upon load
distribution.  Is there an easy (cheap)way to do this? Is there a single
valve that lets you distribute air to either/or shocks?