Re: removing bondo

To: Don Spence <spence@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: removing bondo
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 21:13:11 -0400 (EDT)
At 6:39 PM -0000 10/19/98, Don Spence wrote:
>The method I used involved using an angle grinder and a rotary wire
>brush. Unless you are superman, get a mini grinder (Black & decker,
>Makita ...) Make sure the wire brush, cup style is rated for the
>appropriate rpm.

Try this, it worked on my Tiger, which had 2" thick bondo on some areas. I
used a Black and Decker electric heat gun! Just heat the offending area.
After the paint starts to bubble, you can peel  off  the bondo with a putty
knife like cake frosting. It stinks up the garage, but doesn't leave a
snowstorm of dust that grinding it off will. Plus, It's the perfect job for
a cold garage in winter- it'll keep you nice and warm while you work.