Broken Exhaust Manifold

To: griffco@cadvision.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Broken Exhaust Manifold
From: JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 11:29:23 -0400
     Fred,

     I had an exhaust manifold welded and it outlasted the car. Two things
     to do:
     1. Weld the two pieces together with them properly already on the
     head, to locate them. Otherwise, possible hassle. I had it done with
     the manifold on the head and it still didn't fit quite as original,
     but well enough. Be sure to grind the area of the cracks down so
     you're filling a nice "V" shape with rod.
     2. Use nickel welding rod.

     Works great, price is right.
     Regards,
     Jim Wallace
     Ottawa
     From: fred griffiths <griffco@cadvision.com>

     .... so I'd take it off this fall and see about welding.
        Oh yeah. Darn thing came off in two parts!  Any suggestions for
     1. repair
     2. replac,ment with cast iron original type,
     3. replacement with manufactured header?

     All suggestions welcome.
     Thanks, Fred