Re: Eat your hearts out, boys and girls!

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Eat your hearts out, boys and girls!
From: Joseph Sholtes <joeiv@concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 23:25:36 -0400
Cc: Michael Ferguson <fergie@ntplx.net>, TR <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>

Joe Curry wrote:

> Michael,
>
> Kinda makes you wonder what has happened to the value of the US dollar
> in the years since 1963.   I bought a brand new Camaro in 1967 for $2250
> and a new Corvette in 1975 for $8500.
>
> Those days are long gone!
>
> Joe

Joe,

   Kinda does make you wonder....a boss usta get people to work for $1.25 an
hour, and they were happy for it!!!  Just immagine $2,500 a year! every year!
Truth is, when you scale things up realistically,  cars cost the same as now as
they
did then.  You get a Miata for about the same money as a Spitfire, and a BMW Z3
for the same money as a TR 6.  Except the cars handle better, need less
maintainance,
and last longer (just God bless ya if you DO try to fix anything yourself!).
The "old days"
are only "good" when they're "old"- people grumbled about prices back then
too...

                                                      JOE IV
                                                      TR 250
                                      WALLINGFORD, CT.  USA