Re: TR3 Side Curtains

To: Brad.Kahler@141.com
Subject: Re: TR3 Side Curtains
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 17:26:58 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

<< The set that came with the most recent car has frames that are made out of
 aluminum.  Has the slide type windows and uses the earlier style of
 mounting with the thumb screw on the side.  Also this set of side curtains
 has an aluminum sheet metal lower portion that would normally have had
 the zippered opening to open the door from the inside.  I'm assuming that
 someone added this at a later date.  Was this second set producted by
 triumph or is it some kind of after market model?

 TIA

 Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)

 1964  Spitfire4           BFC25720L
 1961 TR4                   CT288L (OD)
 1966 TR4A                (Parts Car)
 1959 TR3A  (2)          (Two to make one?)
 1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108

Hello Brad
If I am not mistaken, the early TR2/3 doors had no exterior door handles as
standard - although these could be special ordered - hence the zipper in the
side curtain. Such cars would have had a single plastic window in them as
well. Sounds to me like you have a set of smallmouth TR3 curtains here, maybe
TR2. The chrome mounts with the thumbscrews are worth something if in good
shape. Are the doors square at the bottom corners? If so these are the early
style doors.

Regards
Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A