RE: TR3 Side Curtains

To: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: TR3 Side Curtains
From: "Phil Pattengale" <philpatt@net-link.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 19:57:08 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
> One set is made out of steel and is very badly corroded.  This
> pair used the
> Dzus style of fasteners.

According to Piggott, these started at TS28826 (Feb '58).

> The set that came with the most recent car has frames that are
> made out of
> aluminum.  Has the slide type windows and uses the earlier style of
> mounting with the thumb screw on the side.  Also this set of side
> curtains
> has an aluminum sheet metal lower portion that would normally have had
> the zippered opening to open the door from the inside.  I'm assuming that
> someone added this at a later date.  Was this second set producted by
> triumph or is it some kind of after market model?

AFAIK, those nasty looking things are JC Whitney specials.  Definately
aftermarket.  I too found a set of those on my TR2.  Yuk.

Oh, and the zipper was dropped by TS4229, with the introduction of the
split, sliding windows.

Phil Pattengale
54 TR2  - TS1440-LO {project #1}
56 TR3  - TS13872-L  {project #2}