Re: TR3 Side Curtains

To: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 Side Curtains
From: Keith A Edwards <kedwards@norfolk.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 06:13:28 -0500
Cc: Brad Kahler <Brad.Kahler@141.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
My first TR3B came with the J.C.Whitney specials, with flapper lower
portions, that snapped onto the tonneau left-the-dots.  Not knowing any
better, I purchased a set of side curtains from Moss, that are as you
describe.  The lower portion was aluminum, with a pattern stamped into
them.  The pattern makes them resemble barn roof metal.  The backside of
the aluminum portion had a 1/4" layer of foam. They looked great in the
catalog, but not so nice on the car.  As I recall, they cost $119.  What
a disappointment.

This was in the late 1970s, and I didn't see what the proper style TR3
sidecurtains looked like until I attended a Triumph Register of America
meet in 1980.

If you would like a lightly used set with the aluminum bottoms, let me
know.

Keith Edwards
Suffolk, VA
2 62 TR3Bs