RE: Interesting Problem - Comments & Opinions Desired - longish

To: "'On the Mark Software & Consulting'" <mark.milotay@onthemark.bc.ca>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Interesting Problem - Comments & Opinions Desired - longish
From: "Gambony, Jim" <jim.gambony@eds.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 10:22:44 -0600
Mark,

I can't imagine that the filter would just "back off" after several months,
but when changing the oil last year the night before the last autocross ( a
cool November night) I fitted the new Fram (3/4 turn, nice and tight) filled
the crank with 20W50 and when I fired the engine the force of the cold oil
just popped the filter off the adapter.  Luckily it was in the garage and I
was able to shut the car down within seconds, only lost a pint or so of oil.

If nothing else it's a lesson to give the car  a "preflight check" more
often.  Not fun, I know.

Jim