Re: TR4 ignition switch

To: Reed Mideke <rmideke@interbase.com>
Subject: Re: TR4 ignition switch
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 12:22:47 -0800 (PST)
Cc: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Wed, 28 Oct 1998, Reed Mideke wrote:

>       I'm sure you did this, but since you didn't mention it...
> You have checked what your alternator is actually putting out
> right ? The internal regulators do go bad sometimes. Light getting
> progresivly brighter at higher revs could be a symptom of this.

Yes, I can put out a maximum of 15 volts, and the voltage rises with the
engine speed.  (this is with lights, blower, wipers, etc on too)

At idle with lights on I think I was putting out just under 12 volts
(maybe it was closer to 11)

I need to get a battery for my digital multimeter, then I will have better
numbers.

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its temporary home is:
http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/walker/triumph/trfaq.htm