Re: TR4 ignition switch

To: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: TR4 ignition switch
From: Reed Mideke <rmideke@interbase.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 12:39:06 -0800
Cc: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Malcolm,
        It sounds to me like your regulator is fried. It should put
out a steady voltage in the high 13.x or maybe low 14.x 15 probably
isn't enough to boil you battery, but it will probably make the light come
on. These are exactly the symptoms my nissan alternator had when the it died,
except that it put out 17+ volts at 6000 rpm, causing the battery to boil
and the (electronic) tach to go wild. Picking up a new junkyard alt
fixed it for me. If you have a known good GM unit handy, I'd try it out.
You'd rather drive the 4 than a GM car, right ? ;-)

--
Reed Mideke                                        rmideke@interbase.com