Re: TR-2,3,4A - Retard timimg for use with 92 octane gas?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR-2,3,4A - Retard timimg for use with 92 octane gas?
From: "Power British Perfrormance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 18:29:14 -0500
Hi Ken,

I never said it was easy!!!  If you just want to go for a drive once in a
while, I agree
with you - the specs as recommended in most manuals will let you motor along
just fine
hour after hour.  If, however, you want the absolute maximum from your car, you
need to
spend time sorting it out.  In fact, some of us more inflicted with BCD
(British Car
Disease) actually find that sort of thing fun.  Consider that just about all
major racing
associations time events to the 1/1000th of a second because sometimes they
really are
that close, any little bit helps for someone who wants to go just a little bit
faster than
the next guy.