Re: TR-2,3,4A - Retard timimg for use with 92 octane gas?

To: britcars@powerbritish.com
Subject: Re: TR-2,3,4A - Retard timimg for use with 92 octane gas?
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 19:22:51 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

<< I never said it was easy!!!  If you just want to go for a drive once in a
while, I agree
 with you - the specs as recommended in most manuals will let you motor along
just fine
 hour after hour.  If, however, you want the absolute maximum from your car,
you need to
 spend time sorting it out.  In fact, some of us more inflicted with BCD
(British Car
 Disease) actually find that sort of thing fun.  Consider that just about all
major racing
 associations time events to the 1/1000th of a second because sometimes they
really are
 that close, any little bit helps for someone who wants to go just a little
bit faster than
 the next guy. >>

Brian
I was just having a bit of fun at your expense.
I understand the need to shave thousandths of seconds off autox times etc. and
agree 100% with your post.
Now lighten up!

Ken Nuelle