Re: ? TR3 Windshield stanchion

To: twakeman@cruzers.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ? TR3 Windshield stanchion
From: Bush4brits@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 22:11:10 EST
Hi TeriAnn,
I read your restoration saga with much interest.....you've been through a few
restorations with the aggrevation that this one has given you. You seem very
knowledgable and I give you credit for sticking with your TR. I guess this is
what's meant by being invested in our cars.....emotionally and
financially......I digress.

I can't take issue with you on stanchions......you at least have a complete
car. I'd like to know what these adaptors look like. Are they steel, aluminum?
Are they just shims that make up the difference between the pre 60000 and post
60000 windshield assembies? Can I make them out of 1/8" hard plastic? I can't
find them in catalogs from the big 3.
Bob Stahlbush
66 MGB GHN3L78708
60 TR-3A TS81398L