Re: Coffee Paint Codes? - 948 Herald

To: daviesw@ecid.cig.mot.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Coffee Paint Codes? - 948 Herald
From: DLMAssoc@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 07:51:07 EST
daviesw@ecid.cig.mot.com writes:

<< Does anyone have any manufacturers paint codes for the Coffee Paint, as
 applied to Heralds around 1959-61? Probably used on other triumphs too.
 Unfortunately, this is one colour not listed on the most useful chart
 Joe Curry recently posted to the list.  >>

Joe is probably a member of the secret society called "DPTSUC", which stands
for "Don't Paint Triumphs Such Ugly Colors".  I have the Acme (Sherwin
Williams?) formula for Coffee, but my membership vows prevent me from posting
it in public, lest some misguided FPO (Future Previoius Owner) would actually
want to use it on a Triumph.  However, if you've finished your therapy and
still want to paint your Triumph Coffee colored I'd be willing to send it to
you.

Lemme no,
Don Marshall
'57 TR3   '63 TR3B   '64 TR4   '67 TR4A