Re: Coffee Paint Codes? - 948 Herald

To: daviesw@ecid.cig.mot.com
Subject: Re: Coffee Paint Codes? - 948 Herald
From: DLMAssoc@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 10:00:48 EST
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net
daviesw@ecid.cig.mot.com writes:

<< COFFEE??? An UGLY COLOUR??? It's a lovely shade!
 You'll be telling me next that you don't like Targo Purple or Alpine
 Mauve! >>

I haven't seen those two, but I did see a Coffee TR3 years ago.

<<  Seriously, Coffee does look very pretty when combined with Sebring
 White, it's not nearly as Brown as the name suggests. It's actually a
 friend who needs the paint code, though I still own most of (!) a Coffee
 coloured 1960 Herald Saloon.  >>

Oh right... it's for a "friend" now.  I get it <wink, wink>.

<< While we're on the subject though, any codes for Alpine Mauve or Monaco
 Blue? Not urgent, but I'll need them by the year 2001! And yes, I do
 have cars in these colours! >>

I haven't seen them so I can't rule on whether it's OK for you to use them...

All seriousness aside, I'm showing an Acme (Sherwin Williams?) code of 3382
for Alpine Mauve and 3385 for Monaco Blue.  Based on something Joe Curry sent
out awhile ago, I believe SW can mix it them from the codes without needing
the formulae, but if you need that I'll send it along too.

Also, I think ICI has been mixing some of the older colors and might have
codes for these.  He's on the TR list too...

G'luck...
Don Marshall