Re: Coffee Paint Codes? - 948 Herald

To: amace@unix2.nysed.gov
Subject: Re: Coffee Paint Codes? - 948 Herald
From: DLMAssoc@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 09:49:52 EST
Cc: daviesw@ecid.cig.mot.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
amace@unix2.nysed.gov writes:

<< Don, as an officer in the SPCHWPTSUC (Society for the Prevention of
 Cruelty to Humans Who Paint Triumphs Such Ugly Colo[u]rs), I am
 officially requesting that information for Bill and myself under the
 Freedom of Colo[u]r Information Act.

 That's TWO of us who would like the information, Don, so it's no use
 holding back. :-) >>

Well, since I know Andy is a man of high "standards" and certainly sane
(relatively speaking), I give in to the wishes of the masses (both of them).

If you'll give the following formula to your paint shop, I'm sure you'll be
happy with the results.

Lacquer (2989-G):
Thinner ...........................   0
831 Vermilion .................. 45 1/2
738 Perm Maroon Toner ... 52 3/4
716 White ....................... 54 3/4
742 Gold Toner ................ 56

Enamel (22-2989-X):
929 TMC ........................   6
937 Vermilion ................. 53
902 White ...................... 55 1/2
939 Maroon Toner  .......... 56

On the other hand, if you really, really, really want Coffee instead of Signal
Red, give him the following...

Lacquer (2998):

Thinner .........................   0
716 White ..................... 39 3/4
724 Red Oxide .............. 47 1/4
715 Black ..................... 52 1/4
723 Oxide Yellow .......... 56

Enamel (22-2998):

940 Pure White ............ 29 1/2
911 Red Oxide ............. 42 1/4
908 Oxide Yellow ......... 50

Good luck and I'm sure it'll be fine, whatever awful color you choose...

Tastefully yours,
Don Marshall