Re: TR6 OD question

To: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR6 OD question
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 06:48:24 -0500
Cc: Bud_Rolofson@nps.gov, triumphs@autox.team.net
At 07:54 PM 3/2/99 EST, KTRIUMPH@aol.com <Ken> wrote:

>In a message dated 3/2/99 2:17:54 PM EST, Bud_Rolofson@nps.gov writes:
>
>> In testing the A type OD I'm going to transplant into my good car I
noticed >>that the OD shifted into second gear fairly hard

snip

>Make sure you adjust the operating lever to where the thing works, not
>necessarily where the book sez it should be!

I agree with Ken's comment the operating lever. My local OD guru believes
the operating lever should be set so the throw is a little longer than the
book spec. Mine is adjusted that way, and it has worked fine for me. YMMV
 Henry Frye - thefryes@iconn.net - Connecticut, USA
 Stag MkI       Getting Sorted Out
 TR3B           Driver
 TR250 X 3      The BIG Project - Will Be Worth the Wait
 Homepage       http://members.iconn.net/thefryes/