message volume

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: message volume
From: Jim Hill <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 11:39:04 -0600

Regarding comparative message volume on the internet lists:

>I have deduced that  the ratio of postings between nets is about 2:1 in
favor
>of Triumphs!  I can only think of three possible reasons:  1)  There are
more
>Triumphs/Triumph owners out there  2)  Triumph people talk more than Healey
>people, (as opposed to having more to talk about) or,  3)  Triumphs break
>more.  What do you think?

Add:

I) Because the Healey ranks are fiercely divided between those who think
"Austin Healey" has a hyphen and those who don't, and because fully a
quarter of them think that Donald's last name was "Healy", they have trouble
finding, subscribing to, and posting to the internet list.

II) Browsing through a price list for replacement parts leaves Austin Healey
owners speechless.

III) You don't need to ask questions on an internet list, and you have no
answers to provide, if all the work on your car is done by "my engine man",
"my bodywork man" and "my restoration shop".

Ducking for cover, I remain,

Jim Hill
Madison WI

Former AH 100-6 owner