Re: message volume

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>, Michael Orrit <Awgertoo@aol.com>
Subject: Re: message volume
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 15:26:17 -0500
Michael Oritt writes:

>I have been on the Healey net for a while and I only recently got onto the
>Triumph net in order to sell my TR3, and after careful and scientific
analysis
>I have deduced that  the ratio of postings between nets is about 2:1 in
favor
>of Triumphs!  I can only think of three possible reasons:  1)  There are
more
>Triumphs/Triumph owners out there  2)  Triumph people talk more than
Healey
>people, (as opposed to having more to talk about) or,  3)  Triumphs break
>more.  What do you think?
>
>Michael Oritt, St. Leonard, MD.
>1955 AH 100, 1959 TR3 (for sale)

What do I think?  I think your selling the wrong car!

Seriously, though, I am a member of the local TR club AND the AH club.
I think that there are a significant number of Austin Healey owners who
consider their Austin Healey's as investments and as such cannot
contribute to a list such as this beyond any discussions about resale
value.  That's what I think.

Dave Massey, St. Louis, MO USA

P.S. This is not to say that ALL Austin Healey owners are this way.
A great many number of my friends have Austin Healeys and enjoy driving
them and have no concern about the current market.