Re: tr4 relay

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: tr4 relay
From: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 14:14:49 -0500
Brad Kahler wrote:

> > Carl, it's up under the dash, screwed to the bulkhead on the driver's
> > side.  Has yellow/purple and yellow/green wires on it, along with some
> > other colors - a black and a brown I believe, but can't remember off the
> > top of my head.
>
> Brian,
>
> Are you sure about it being the drivers side bulkead?  I've done some prior
> research and from all appearances its supposed to bolt to the side wall of
> the battery box side wall on the passenger side up in the footwell.  Both
> TR4 tubs that I own have holes there specifically for a Lucas relay.
>
> Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)
> My Web Site Http://www.141.com/triumphs (updated 2/15/99)
>
> 1964 Spitfire4 BFC25720L
> 1962 TR4 CT288L          -- 1965 TR4 CT38888LO parts car?
> 1959 TR3A TS41311L       -- 1959 TR3A TS53523L parts car
> 1951 1/2 ton Dodge Truck B-3-B-108

Whoops!!!

You're right Brad.  I mis-read the car Carl was working on.  The driver's side
is the
location for a 3 not a 4.

Regards,

Brian Schlorff    '61 TR-4     '64 TR-4     '72 TR-6     '79 Spit
     Power British                             Check out Power British
    371 E. Main St.                                    on the 'net!
Norristown, PA 19401
   (610) 270-0505              http://www.powerbritish.com/~britcars