Long distance Towing

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Long distance Towing
From: Peter Belej <belej@illuminet.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 21:13:53 -0500
Hello all,
   Here is my towing delimma.  I will be moving to Pensacola from
Quantico, VA.  It is about 900 miles or so.  I will be towing my TR-6
with my Subaru Legacy (yes the whole way! - I hope).  Leaving the -you'd
better get AAA before you leave- jokes behind, how would someone suggest
towing the thing?  I looked at U-haul and they have some reasonable
prices on both types of trailers.  I don't want to have too much wear on
my rear hubs and I think that it also wears down the rear diff, when you
tow with the rear tires on the deck.  Will the wear be signifigant?
Will I encounter any diff/bearing problems -my axle does not have grease
points so I am a little hesitant on any long distance trips.  Any ideas
please throw them out.  Thanks.
--
Lt  P. Belej
USMC