Re: TR-4A - 4.28 rear end; what gives?

To: Brad Kahler <brad.kahler@141.com>
Subject: Re: TR-4A - 4.28 rear end; what gives?
From: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 21:34:34 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi Brad,

Did you see the value of the O/D conversion kit?

That's everything! Gearbox mainshaft, adaptor plate, switches, relay,
solenoid, wiring, O/D unit, probably even a *chrome-shaft* steering
column switch...

You really don't want to know, do you?! Well, ok, $210, ack! :-(

BTW, speaking of parts, I put that spring you needed for your steering
in my briefcase this morning intending to mail it over lunch hour, but
it turned into 10 min. and I'll have to go to the post office in the
morning.

I can't figure out why this spring would be so hard to come by? I have a
"source" I'll check in the morning to see if I can get something close
to cut down to size and sell em at highly exhorbitant prices to those TR
shiprwrights! (whoops, did I send this to the list!)

I hope I'm not delaying your restoration!

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.
'62 TR4 CT17602L (doesn't go on trips w/me)

--
MZ