RE: TR-4A - 4.28 rear end; what gives?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, jfcowan@earthlink.net
Subject: RE: TR-4A - 4.28 rear end; what gives?
From: Alan Crane <acrane@crosslink.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 09:24:35 -0500
According to my original sales brochure for the 67 TR4A, the standard
rear end was 3.7, but 4.1 was an option with OD.  So your 4.28 probably
is not factory original. However, I recollect that alternative gearing
was available from the aftermarket and was relatively easy to install in
the standard differential.  The Triumph Competition Manual may talk
about that.

Alan

--
Alan T. Crane