Re: * Newbie Needs Help!!! *

To: wbrazinski@mediaone.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: * Newbie Needs Help!!! *
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 12:13:03 EST
In a message dated 08-Mar-99 23:04:26 Eastern Standard Time,
wbrazinski@mediaone.net writes:

> I've called the big three, and done an Internet search and found
>  nothing.  I realize it's
>  out of print but there has to be a source somewhere, right?  Or will the
>  "stocked" factory
>  workshop manual do the job?
>
>  Please help my poor TR3A 78910 get back on the road!
>
>  regards,

Wayne, the factory manual is used for different things than the Haynes.  I'd
strongly suggest that you get BOTH manuals if you are planning any major work.
The factory manual (and the Bentley's reprint of same) will give you all the
specs and lots of various other good information.  The Haynes is a kind of "do
it yourself" trouble shooting manual.

That said - you are right that the Haynes is out of print.  I got the last two
from Haynes themselves in the UK about a year and a half ago.  They also said
that they had no plans to reprint them.

Look around at auto parts stores and old book shops.  If you find any Haynes
manuals BUY THEM ALL.  Someone on the list will buy the extras from you.
There is always someone looking for one.  I found two of them about three
years ago in a local auto parts store.  I bought one and sold it at cost to
someone on the list.  I had about half a dozen other folks who wanted to buy
it but when I returned to the store the other one was gone. :-(.  I am still
looking, as are other folks on the list.

So my recommendation is to buy the factory workshop manual (or the Bentley
reprint - which also has the owners manual in it) and keep looking for the
Haynes manual.
Cheers.

Art Kelly '64 TR4 CT 33118L (original owner/ daily driver)