Re: Mustang...Spitfire???

To: "Andrew R. Lindberg" <andylindberg@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Mustang...Spitfire???
From: "Johnny Storm: International Racing car driver" <hiu06f@bangor.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 09:45:54 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: "Laura G." <savercool@msn.com>, Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>, Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>, Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>

On Tue, 16 Mar 1999, Andrew R. Lindberg wrote:

> I'd like to congragulate whoever started this thread, as the discussion of
> "what is a sportscar" has been the longest running debate in recent memory.
> To think that in the March issue of "Triumphs & Tribulations" I
> editorialized at length about the sad fact that nobody cared about this
> issue anymore.  I stand humbly corrected.

 I don't think you have been corrected! We on the list are in a massive
minority (excuse the oxymoronic behaviour!)! We also happen to own cars
that are from an era when car
style, driving pattern, etc mattered! Compare a Triumph model list to a
current Vauxhall/Opel or Ford lineup (over here at least!).
Does every model come available as a soft top? How many 'sports cars' do
they have in their line up? Triumph used to have four available at a
time! Okay there has been a bit of a resurgence (MGF,MX5,Elise, et al)
but how many of those are available at a decent price?

   Johnny  '70 viterald