Re: Mustang...Spitfire???

To: Susan and John Roper <vscjohn@huntnet.net>
Subject: Re: Mustang...Spitfire???
From: Bill Davies <daviesw@ecid.cig.mot.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 08:01:23 +0000
Cc: Johnny Storm: International Racing car driver <hiu06f@bangor.ac.uk>, DANMAS@aol.com, ArthurK101@aol.com, spitlist@gte.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
John Roper wrote:

> This from the land of our forebears who still believe a saloon, the
> neighborhood barroom, to be an automobile, where there are those who
> still lament the passing of the Super Snipe, the Austin Atlantic, and
> other sporting saloon wannabes for the upwardly mobile.  Beauty truly
> is
> in the eye of the beholder.

I think you'll find very few people over here who ever lamented the
passing of the Austin Atlantic! Some see them as a curious novelty.
        Bill.

--
                            This Message sent by:
=====U==============U=====  1964 Herald 1200 Saloon
\________________________/  1966 Herald 1200 Convertible
 | |                  | |   1973 Spitfire MkIV
 |_|                  |_|   1959 Standard Atlas Pickup