Re: birthday wishes

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: birthday wishes
From: "Dave Terrick" <dterrick@pangea.ca>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 17:23:07 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
Happy St. Patty's day all - go 'ave a pint o' green Guinness for me.

My GT6 was built on 2 Jan 1969 which makes it officially 213 days younger
than me.  It was "dispatched" on 24 Jan 1969.  Wow!  22 days of labor!!!!

The 65 TR4a does not yet own a build certificate but it predated me by a
bunch.  in fact,  it quite possible predated my parent's marriage in October
1964 as it is an early '65.

A while back we had a query about the oldest TR owner that owned his or her
car from new.  Frank Mancini has owned his 1949 MG TD since new.  He won't
divulge his age but we can reasonably guess it is 66 or better (driving age
in MB)....  honorable mention only as it is an Abingdon car.

Doug Loudon has owned his 1959 TR3 since new.  He's old too.

Bill Sullivan (Good and proud Irishman, at the local as we speak) has owned
his 1958 Morgan 4/4 since new.  It has a TR3 motor, so it kinda qualifies.

We have many others who are old and still own LBC's, but few own their
original cars.

Our youngest member, Graham Moorby, is 14 and is restoring a 68 S1 Mini.
"Dad" owns a bunch of non-TR LBC's, but his current project is a 60 TR3a.
Like father....

Dave T
Triviameister.