Re: birthday

To: Brad.Kahler@141.com
Subject: Re: birthday
From: vafred@erols.com
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 18:35:07 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Brad Kahler wrote:

> > According to my very attractive "B.M.I.H.T." certificate, on this date in
> > the year 1959, in Coventry, England, bearing car/chasis number TS/46153L,
> > they created my very enjoyable T/R 3-A. Since the weather is forcast for
> > the 60'S today, a afternoon "top-on" drive and lunch is planned to
> > show-off her one birthday present, a very original factory metal hardtop
> > (without rear window). So to my very nice companion "Happy-Birthday", and
> > enjoy your new top.   "DT & FT"
>
> Fred, the question is who is older, you or your TR3A???
>
> Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)
> My Web Site Http://www.141.com/triumphs (updated 3/9/99)
>
> 1964 Spitfire4 BFC25720L
> 1962 TR4 CT288L          -- 1965 TR4 CT38888LO parts car?
> 1959 TR3A TS41311L       -- 1959 TR3A TS53523L parts car
> 1951 1/2 ton Dodge Truck B-3-B-108

The driver is 25+ years ahead of the car, and O-MY, so many, many, more
miles, still on the original engine, tires & brakes left long ago, drive
train has only enough too kick around the house, not much call for in
public anymore, top is all faded out and extra thin, interior is holding
up well, haven't had any anti-freeze in 15 years come Aptil 2, If I had
known what was around the corner, I sure would have kept it in better
running order way before now.  "FT"