RE: TR4 original Fan belt

To: "'ArthurK101@aol.com'" <ArthurK101@aol.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR4 original Fan belt
From: "Musson, Carl" <musson@satie.arts.usf.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 16:32:30 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Art - last year mine broke on the '3.  I took the broken one into NAPA and
they were able to cross reference it to a current belt (not cogged).
Unfortunately, the cardboard(?) wrapper was left in a place where it got
damaged by water so I can't give you a number.

But give them a call or stop by.  It might be worth the effort.
Carl

FYI - the replacement one broke also probably because of a dent in the
generator pulley.  When I went in to get another replacement, NAPA did so at
no charge - it was within the warranty period.  I explained that it was not
their fault, but it didn't matter to them.  They sent the old/torn one back
to the manufacturer for credit.  I straightened the pulley and haven't had
any problems since.