Re: TR4 original Fan belt

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 original Fan belt
From: Chip Old <fold@bcpl.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 16:41:52 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 29 Mar 1999 ArthurK101@aol.com wrote:

> Anyone have a line on where I can buy an TR4 original configuration
> fan belt. None of the "big three" have them.  They only have the
> "cogged" replacements. They say that they can't find a
> supplier/manufacturer.
>
> Been there, done that - don't like the cogged ones.  I now have no
> spare belt. :-(.  TIA.

What is it you don't like about the cogged belt?  My experience has been
that they last longer.  Also they can be run slightly looser, which is
easier on the generator and water pump bearings.

Chip Old                      1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  NEMGTR #2271
Cub Hill, Maryland            1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO
fold@bcpl.net