Re: Cam for Triumph TR6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cam for Triumph TR6
From: rgb@exact.com
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 10:00:51 1999
Without bad mouthing any US companies, I've had alot of problems
with cheap US regrinds...   I chose the hottest factory grind as it
should be good for the street and wanted it European made.

150HP PI cam made for the early oversea's TR6
   w/latest dual spring setup with keepers and new lifters.

This 150HP cam has a solid lumpy idle at 800 RPM with the carbs, but
after 250 miles it feels great to me...  and I expect no valve problems
due to the cam hardening problems...

You should line bore the block if there is any wear on the cam bearings,
you can see this as wear on the cam.   This is a $400 2 week process
locally.  Most of my engines had a lobe or 2 missing from the cam that
had been running in the engine...   explaining tuning problems...

 (The later 125HP PI cam was a result of complaints about the cam above
 being too wild for the street, bad idle, etc.
 I believe this is also the cam fitted to the later TR6's, not
 a bad cam...  so careful not to send yours in for an inferior regrind)

--
Roger G. Bolick, rgb@exact.com 512-794-9567, FAX 512-345-2879