Tire recommendations needed

To: "TR Listserv" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tire recommendations needed
From: "Karl Vacek" <KVacek@Sprynet.com>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 08:59:59 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
One of the first things I've got to do in resurrecting my TR-4A is to clean
up the wheels and get some new tires - two of the old ones are rotted off
the rims and it'll be mighty hard to roll around to work on without tires !!

I haven't been paying much attention to any mainstream car magazines for
years now, and hence have missed any and all recent tire tests.  I just want
good street tires for the stock rims (steel now, wires when I can find some
reasonably-priced, post if you have some wires and hubs for sale) - I'm not
too hot on Minilites or the newfangled Panasports for this car.  Maybe when
I get ready to Vintage race it in a year or two...

Therefore, what's the current hot tip in performance tires for TR's ?  Size
recommendations ?

TIA

Karl Vacek
66 TR-4A