Re: Spot Welding

To: David Hill <davhill@cwcom.net>
Subject: Re: Spot Welding
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 07 May 1999 11:01:03 -0700
Cc: Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net>, 2000 Register <2000-register@autox.team.net>
David,
I rented a portable Spot welder when I restored my Spit.  I'm not sure
what the brand was, but they probably all work pretty much the same.  On
this particular one, there were two controls.  One sets the amount of
current and the other sets the duration.  A bit of experimentation on
scrap metal allowed me to determine the best setting for the work I was
doing.  The biggest problem was getting the tips around certain parts of
the car's structure in order to clamp them down prior to triggering the
welds.

Regards,
Joe

--