RE: pinion nut torques - I think I stepped in it!

To: "'Janssen, Lee K'" <lee.k.janssen@lmco.com>
Subject: RE: pinion nut torques - I think I stepped in it!
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 10:19:36 -0700
Cc: "Triumphs (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Lee :

The only Haynes manual I have is for TR 2-4A, and I don't have it handy
(I'm at work).  I believe the spec for the pinion nut was 85-100 ftlb for
all models, same for the side flange nut on 4A IRS.  The preload torque was
something like 10-15 inlb.
Those may not be the exact numbers, but the units for the nuts were
definitely foot-pounds, the preload was definitely inch-pounds.  The nut
torque was definitely around 100 ftlb, the preload around 1 ftlb.

Randall

On Friday, May 07, 1999 5:49 AM, Janssen, Lee K
[SMTP:lee.k.janssen@lmco.com] wrote:

> Wayne Whippo wrote a whole grocery list of potential errors in the
Bentley