Re: Crankshaft on tr6 what should I do?

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Crankshaft on tr6 what should I do?
From: "Lonn Howard" <hoops@owt.com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 07:04:51 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Am I missing something?  You said you are going to pull the tranny and
expect to be back on the road this week?  You should open a shop.  I'd
give you my business.

Seriously, I would say that the decision to pull the engine should be
based on your expendable income and desire to have the car on the road.
I would probably fix the lower end now, button it back up and enjoy the
car this summer.  You can pull it off the road and rebuild the engine
this winter.  So you have to replace bearings twice, big deal, they are
not that much money.  If  you have decent compression, aren't laying
down a smoke-screen, and the car is otherwise reliable, why take it off
the road during the summer?

So... what IS wrong with the tranny?

Lonn Howard
'70 TR6  -mine
'71 TR6  -in my garage
'70 MGB GT  -ours
'89 Saab Turbo Convertible  -hers

"We are but temporary custodians with an obligation of preservation."