Re[2]: TR3 Body Dip

To: "Jeff.A.Williamson@jci.com" <Jeff.A.Williamson@jci.com>, "John Middlesworth" <jape@email.unc.edu>
Subject: Re[2]: TR3 Body Dip
From: "Ross Vincenti" <RVincenti@lbfc.com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 7:53 -0800
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
John wrote:
The price I was quoted for dipping my stripped-down TR3A body at
Chem-strip in NC was $850!  They basically want to charge the price they
would charge for a full-size unibody car.  Grinding and sandblasting
doesn't sound too bad anymore.

John Middlesworth
1960 TR3A
===============
John - I am late to this thread, so forgive me if this is redundant.  I've done
lots of cars, and tried both methods.  Media blasting wins hands down.  You can
choose the grit (plastic, walnut shells, etc.), it's about the same price (at
least in SoCal) and a good blaster won't warp panels.  One additional thought -
chemical dipping frequently results in seepage at seams, well after the car has
been painted.  The chemicals that seep out can damage a fine paint job.  Just a
reminder - it does happen from time to time.  Good luck

Ross Vincenti
Temporarily Triumph-less
1964 Porsche 356