Driver's side vertical link

To: "'TRIUMPH MAIL'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Driver's side vertical link
From: "Stinocher, Bryan D." <bdstinocher@sewsus.com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 13:34:17 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Several weeks ago, when I put my front suspension back together, I noticed
that it was almost impossible to turn the driver's side front wheel assy,
even with the tire on. Talked with my father and we figured out that the
link must be bent. Sure enough, I took both sides off again last night and
compared them, and the driver's side link is nearly flat, whereas the p-side
has a nice bend in it (you could move the p-side with your finger when it
was on the car and under load from the spring).

I took the d-side to a machine shop today so that he could try and bend it
back the way it is supposed to be. He told me that since it is a casting,
there is a chance that it will break. I gave him the go ahead because I
obviously can't use it the way it is right now. As a back up, I thought I'd
ask the list if anyone has a d-side verticle link for a TR250 (with the stub
axle in it) that is in good condition that they may be willing to part with.
I'm not real hot about spending $200 for a new one with a stub axle if I can
get a good used one somewhere for less.

Of course, this is all dependent on what happens at the machine shop. Right
now, I'm praying that the blasted thing doesn't break, and that I can put my
front wheel assy's back on tomorrow.

If anyone has one they can part with, pls let me know off-list.

Thanks.
Bryan Stinocher
bdstinocher@sewsus.com
502-782-7397  xt 2284