Different pinion nut torques for different diffs

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Different pinion nut torques for different diffs
From: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <dynamic@transport.com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 08:11:10 -0700
I'm still beating this horse.  Dave at TRF also told me that the 90 to 120
foot-pound spec in the Bentley manual was ONLY for the early style TR6 diff
WITHOUT the collapsible spacer.  He said that with a collapsible spacer it
should not be torqued down that tightly.  I don't think he said how tightly
it SHOULD be torqued, though...

Not that it matters... I don't have any way to know for sure which type
I've got anyway!

Any comments?

Pete Chadwell
1973 TR6