gloves

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: gloves
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 12:45:48 EDT
<<I've been thinking about using some sort of gloves.  Leather or other thick
gloves would be too clumsy for much of the work, plus they'd hold solvents
like gasoline.  Surgical gloves seem like they wouldn't dull your tactile
sense too much (after all, surgeons use 'em).  I've put off trying them
figuring they couldn't be very resitant to the various solvents they'd
encounter.
Any thoughts on this subject?>>
I've got 'household' blue gloves, chemical resistant black gloves,
dishwashing yellow gloves and those surgical gloves (box of 100) and use
according to roughness of the job. But mostly I use the 'surgical gloves' as
they are GREAT (powdered inside) and once they are filthy or torn you toss em
- which is frequent - but I haven't come across a chemical that wrecks them
yet! I put the 'Invisible Glove' cream (comes in a tube from most auto
stores) from the wrist up to my elbows if I'm getting into some real heavy
grease as I have been with the rebuild/restoration lately. It washes off with
water and the grease/rust/paint goes with it. I highly recommend the surgical
gloves (box of 100 about $9 at drug stores). Come in smaller quantities also.
Carl
'64 TR4 since '74