Re: ???quality hardware????

To: shang@sonet.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ???quality hardware????
From: Luiching@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 May 1999 09:17:30 EDT
Shannon This is just my 2 cents but I would not reuse any bolt or locking
style nut or washer in any critical area.  I work for one of the car companys
in preproduction builds  There has been times when a perfectly good looking
bolt  etc has been reused (not company policy} and failures have occured
because the fastener has lost its ability to hold torque value.  As far as
your new fasteners they should be of the same quality or higher than orginals
ie 8.8 , 10.0 metric or grade eight .  Would not use grade 5 or 8.8 metric in
critical area.  Other may differ but I would not take the risk for the what
you might save.     Good luck

Regards

Mark Luichinger