Re: TR6 roll bars

To: Op <oliverp@gte.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 roll bars
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 22:03:45 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Wed, 19 May 1999, Op wrote:

> The main reason I want to bolt in my rollbar is to have an attachment point
> for over the shoulder seat belts.   After looking at the frame and body
> layout of my TR4, I thought the best would be to fashion together a welded
> steel square tube assembly to mount under the parcel seat and connect the
> rollbar to the frame.

There are holes in the rear wheel well for the shoulder harness of 3pt
belts.  That's where I have mine fastened.  I also have a roll bar (welded
to the frame- which is nice and strong but makes a body-off resto kinda
difficult.)

I also put *big* washers on the mounting holes for the shoulder harness.

-Malcolm ('62 TR4)
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its temporary home is:
http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/walker/triumph/trfaq.htm