Re: American Racing Mags

To: "Tomislav Marincic" <TomAndKate@compuserve.com>, "Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: American Racing Mags
From: "Dave Terrick" <dterrick@pangea.ca>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 16:39:32 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Tomislav and all

Much has been siad about "real" mags.  One thing that has been neglected is
that they are brittle (hence the crack problem) and generally have a "useful
life" of 2000 racing miles.  This is a stereotypical warning, but may be
enough to sway you to aluminums if you drive your car much.  Lighter is
better, but not if they wont last.  And remember they are already used.
Magnafluxing for cracks (or Zyglo or something) would be the first thing I'd
do.

Dave T