RE: how tighten OD plug?

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: how tighten OD plug?
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 15:03:09 -0700
When I ran the OD with the slotted plug, I originally used a brass drift
and hammer.  Later, I made a 'two fingered' tool out of some heavy flat
iron, and two bolts.  However, I believe you can buy an adjustable 'two
fingered' tool at the auto parts stores.  It appears to be used on some
Ford 4WD trucks.  Or, an axle nut socket the appropriate size, and a lot of
work with a die grinder, could probably produce a 'socket type' tool.

Randall