Re: FW: Bizarre TR6 steering problem

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: FW: Bizarre TR6 steering problem
From: dstauffa@csc.com
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 07:46:55 -0700
Fellow Listers have commented:

With the cable attached in
both spots, I can't see how you could get tangled in the steering.
in an attempt to 'clean up' the wiring under
the hood I had routed the wires from the alternator close to the steering
column in such a way that they snagged on the rubber joint.

The above two testimonies raised such a big alarm that I had to pop the
bonnet on my TR6 to check for possible entanglements in the steering
column.  I sure would hate to be cruising down the freeway and discover
that my steering had "locked up".  Upon careful inspection I was bewildered
as to how the ground cable could ever become entangled in the steering
column.  My ground cable is connected to the battery post on the opposite
side from the steering!  Also all that wiring that goes from the firewall
forward to the lights, coil, alternator is nowhere near my steering column.
I just don't see how any of this could interfere with the steering.  I'm
really confused.  Oh, well, I guess I'll won't concern myself with this
anymore and just keep driving my right hand drive TR6.;-)))))))

Dave,
San Diego, Ca
1970 TR6 PI RHD ... designed that way for a good reason?!?