Bizarre TR6 steering problem

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Bizarre TR6 steering problem
From: "Peter Innocenti" <pinno@bigfoot.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 01:11:35 -0600
Greetings All,
    Just fixed the strangest problem with my TR6. I was pulling into
my driveway when suddenly I couldn't straighten out the wheel. I
ended up parking on the front lawn for the evening. At sunrise the
next day I opened the bonnet to do some investigating, expecting
the worst. To my surprise I discovered that the ground strap from
my battery was tangled in the u-joint on the steering shaft. I quickly
fixed the problem and twisted the cable connection at the battery
to prevent this from occurring in the future. I suggest other 6
owners check the location of their strap, would be an extreme
bummer if this happened in traffic..........

Peter Innocenti
1974 TR6
Peter Innocenti
pinno@bigfoot.com